Mickael D CHEKROUN
Visiting address : Ecole Normale Supérieure
24 rue Lhomond / 8 rue Erasme
Fax : +33 1 44 32 27 27
- Deterministic dynamical systems - Infinite-dimensional dissipative dynamical systems. Small-scale parameterization in spatially extended systems. Surrogate systems for optimal control of dissipative PDEs. Topological equivalence of flows and diffeomorphisms. Averaging methods in ordinary differential equations.
- Random dynamical systems - Markovian and non-Markovinan stochastic model reduction. Stochastic invariant manifolds and their approximations. Random attractors and time-dependent invariant measures arising in dissipative stochastic systems.
- Population dynamics and mathematical ecology - Effect of environmental heterogeneity on population resilience to external perturbations.
- Geophysical fluid dynamics and climate dynamics - Low-order stochastic modelling of the El Niño-Southern and the Madden-Julian Oscillations. Low-frequency variability in climate dynamics. Application of geometric and ergodic theory of dynamical systems to climate dynamics.
Publications by topics
Infinite-dimensional evolution equations
Applications to climate dynamics and mathematical ecology
- A.Bousquet, M.D. Chekroun, Y. Hong, R. Temam, and J. Tribbia (2015) : Numerical simulations of the humid atmosphere above a mountain, Mathematics of Climate and Weather Forecasting, accepted.