- Ghil, M., I. Zaliapin, and B. Coluzzi (2008) (mirror in France, mirror in USA) Boolean delay equations : a simple way of looking at complex systems, Physica D, 237, 2967—2986, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physd.2008.07.006,
- S. Hallegatte and M. Ghil (2008) Natural disasters impacting a macroeconomic model with endogenous dynamics. Ecological Economics, accepted.
- R. Hillerbrand and M. Ghil (2008) Anthropogenic climate change : Scientific uncertainties and moral dilemmas. Physica D, invited paper for Special Issue on "The Euler Equations : 250 Years On". Physica D, 237, 2132—2138, doi:10.1016/j.physd.2008.02.015, available online.
- M. Ghil, M.D. Chekroun, E. Simonnet (2008) Climate dynamics and fluid mechanics : Natural variability and related uncertainties, Physica D, Invited survey paper for Special Issue on The Euler Equations : 250 Years On, Physica D, 237, 2111—2126, doi:10.1016/j.physd.2008.03.036, available online.
- Spyratos, V., P. Bourgeron, and M. Ghil, 2007 Development at the wildland-urban interface and the mitigation of forest-fire risk Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 104 : 14272-14276
- S Hallegatte, M Ghil, P Dumas and JC Hourcade (2007) Business Cycles, Bifurcations and Chaos in a Neo-Classical Model with Investment Dynamics. J. Economic Behavior & Organization. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2007.05.001, published online.
- MD Chekroun, M Ghil, J Roux and F Varadi (2006) Averaging of time-periodic systems without a small parameter. Discrete and continuous dynamical systems 14(4):753-782
- MD Chekroun, M Ghil and J Roux (Submitted) Persistence of hyperbolic fixed points for diffeomorphisms under composition.
Complete list of publications
- Michael Ghil’s publication list
- Click here to go to the reprint service on the website of Theoretical Climate Dynamics (TCD) at UCLA.
Slides of seminars, conferences, lectures
- Michael Ghil, Beyond Statistics, modelling the dynamics of extreme events. Extreme Events : Theory, Observations, Modeling, and Prediction. International workshop - November 10 - 14, 2008, IFISC, Palma de Mallorca, Spain (website)
- Michael Ghil, Climate_Econ-ECF_Berlin2008.pdf The New Generation of Climate Policy Models," in Berlin, 13-14 November 2008.
- Michael Ghil, Extreme events : Causes and consequenses (E2C2) : An overview and selected results
- Michael Ghil, Predicting climate change : uncertainties and prospects for surmounting them. Talk given at the Workshop on Complexity Science & Public Policy, OECD Global Science Forum, Erice, Italy, 5-7 Oct 2008.
- Michael Ghil, Modélisation dynamique couplée climat-économie. Talk given at the Journées Systèmes Complexes, EHESS , Paris, 22 sept 2008
- Michael Ghil, Predicting climate change : uncertainties and prospects for surmounting them. Talk given at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing (website), and at the Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, April 2008.
- Michael Ghil, Climate and global change : an introduction and recent results. Talk given at the Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, (website), April 2008.
- Michael Ghil, The wind-driven ocean circulation and interannual climate variability. Talk given at the State Key Laboratory of Coastal and Estuarine Processes, East China Normal University, Shanghai, (website), and at the State Key Laboratory of Satellite Ocean Environment Dynamics, State Oceanic Administration, Hangzhou, April 2008.
- Mardi 19 février 2008 : Michael Ghil "La dynamique du climat et ses incertitudes, ou de la mécanique des fluides et de la variabilité interne du climat" . Centre d’analyse et de mathématique sociales (CAMS), EHESS.
- 25 June - 6 July 2007 : Michael Ghil, Keynote Lecture : "The oceans as a source of climate variability and predictabili ty" . Conference and School on Predictability of Natural Disasters for our Planet in Danger. A System View : Theory, Models, Data Analysis. ICTP, Trieste, Italy.
- 18-23 June 2007 : Michael Ghil, Survey Lecture : "Fluid mechanics and climate dynamics : observations, simulations and (maybe) predictions" Euler Equations - 250 years on. Centre Paul Langevin, Aussois, France. About the meeting
- 12 June 2006 : Michael Ghil Data assimilation in meteorology and oceanography Lieu/where : Weizmann Institute
- 10 mai 2006 : Michael Ghil Conclusions générales et perspectives Lieu/where : Colloque National sur l’Assimilation de Données au CNRM à Toulouse
- Michael Ghil, Keynote Lecture : "Robust climate projections and economic impacts : scientific modelling for new policies" . Conference on "Science and politics : facing the looming disaster", Complex Systems Society, Paris September 28-29 2007. About the meeting
- Michael Ghil, "Nonlinear Climate Dynamics : Bifurcations and hierarchical modeling" . 10th "Rencontres du Non-linéaire", Paris, 14 March 2007.
- Michael Ghil, "La dynamique non-linéaire du climat : variabilité interne et forçage" . Study session of the French Academy of Sciences on "Climate evolution : Data, processes and models", Paris, 5 March 2007.
Click here for a short (2 pages) CV of Michael Ghil