Director of CERES-ERTI
Senior Research Scientist @ CNRS - (Délégué Scientifique en charge du suivi des affaires polaires @ INSU)
Adjunct Research Scientist @ Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
Visiting address :
Ecole Normale Supérieure
CERES-ERTI & LMD
24 rue Lhomond
Room E026g (level 0)
Tel : +33 1 44 32 27 24
Fax : +33 1 44 32 27 27
Postal address : 24 rue Lhomond
75230 Paris, FRANCE
E-mail : denis.rousseau [at] lmd.ens.fr
Interview given to Normale Sup’info published on March 2012 ou sur le site web de l’ENS ici
LMD webpage about AE election
Science honors and awards
- My research program aims to develop a diverse approach, only a priori,of continental the palaeoclimatology and global changes. Indeed, my interests allow me to work with different levels of integration from various records. However they have one thing in common which is their connection to the global atmospheric circulation. Indeed, I am studying the loess sequences in the aspect of sediment and dust transport (ANR BLANC project "ACTES" funded 2009-2013 + ADOM initiative under the IGBP PAGES in 2009-2012), which means to address both regionally (Europe, North America, Asia) than globally (via possible teleconnections between the various areas mentioned above) the past dynamics of atmospheric circulation. Therefore, my research activities are grouped into three distinct themes :
- Climate Dynamics during the past climate cycles, both Tertiary and Quaternary
- Relations between recent climate change and Biosphere
- Feedbacks in the environmental systems (PSL priority theme and CNRS thematic school)
- Link to ANR BLANC project "ACTES"
- Link to PSL Paris-Sciences-Lettres Research Foundation
- Link to Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
- Link to Alexander von Humboldt Fundation
European Geosciences Union
PAGES (Past Global Changes program of IGBP)
- PAGES website
- Science organization
- Member elected (2010-2012) of the Science Steering Committee (SSC)
- Member elected of PAGES EXCOM (2012-...)
- Science working group
- Chair of the ADOM (Atmospheric circulation Dynamics during the last glacial cycle : Observations and Modeling) working group
- London 2012 : "A Planet under Pressure", co-convener with Eric Wolff and Hubertus Fischer of Theme B, Day 1 session : "How has the planet responded to large climate change pressures in the past ?"
- Goa 13-16 February 2013 : "Open Science Meeting", member of the Scientific program Committee
PSL* Research University
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Hatté C, Gauthier C, Rousseau DD, Antoine P, Fuchs M, Lagroix F, Markovich S, Moine O, Sima A (2013). Excursions to C4 vegetation recorded in the Upper Pleistocene lœss of Surduk (Northern Serbia) : an organic isotope geochemistry study. Clim Past 9, 1001-1014, doi:10.5194/cp-9-1001-2013.
- Antoine P, Rousseau DD, Degeai JP, Moine O, Lagroix F, Kreutzer S, Fuchs M, Hatté C, Gauthier C, Svoboda J & Lisa L (2013). High-resolution record of the environmental response to climatic variations during the last interglacial-glacial cycle in Central Europe : the loess-palaeosol sequence of Dolní Věstonice (Czech Republic). Quat. Sci. Rev. 67, 17-38, doi :10.1016/j.quascirev.2013.01.014.
- Fuchs M, Kreutzer S, Rousseau DD, Antoine P, Hatté C, Lagroix F, Moine O, Gauthier C, Svoboda J & Lisa L (2012). The loess sequence of Dolní Vestonice, Czech Republic : A new OSL based chronology of the Last Climatic Cycle. Boreas 10.1111/j.1502-3885.2012.00299.x
- P. Antoine, N. Gerasimenko, A. Sima, M. Fuchs, C. Hatté, O. Moine, and L. Zöller (2011). North Atlantic abrupt climatic events of the Last Glacial period recorded in Ukrainian loess deposits ? Clim. Past 7, 221-234.
- Sima A, Rousseau DD, Kageyama M, Ramstein G, Schulz M, Balkanski Y, Antoine A, Dulac F & Hatté C (2009). Imprint of North-Atlantic millennial-timescale variability on Western European loess deposits as viewed in a dust emission model (2009). Quat. Sci. Rev. 28, 2851-2866.
Recent book chapters
- Muhs D, Cattle, SR, Crouvi O, Rousseau DD, Sun J & Zarate MA (2013). Loess Records. In JB Stuut & P Knippertz (ed.) « Mineral aérosols » Springer Verlag. In press
- Hatté C & Rousseau DD (2013). Interface air-sol : les séquences loessiques, marqueur de la circulation atmosphérique passée ? In JC Duplessy & G Ramstein (ed.) “Paléoclimatologie, Enquête sur les climats anciens”. Editions EDP Sciences – CNRS, Paris, T1, 263 – 273.
- Rousseau DD, Schevin P, Ferrier, J, Ledru MP & Duzer D (2009). Existe-’il un transport pollinique vers Clipperton. « L Charpy (ed.), »Clipperton. Patrimoines Naturels », Publications scientifiques du Muséum, 297-308.
Complete list of publications